This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Using ISO 9001 So Clean ensures that their customers get consistent, good quality services and products.
How we see ISO 9001 benefitting our company
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organisation
- Mandatory requirement as we tender for some public sector work
- Communicates a positive message to our staff and customers
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time saving processes
- Highlights deficiencies
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
- Allows us to show we are serious about making our business the best possible
Some of the benefits to So Clean customers:
- Improved quality and service
- Delivery on time
- Right first time attitude
- Fewer returned complaints
- Independent audit demonstrates our commitment to quality
So Clean obtain ISO 14001
So Clean also achieved ISO 14001 standard which sets out the criteria for an environmental management system. It maps out a framework that So Clean can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
Using ISO 14001 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
It is becoming more and more important to demonstrate that all organisations think about their environmental impact, and put in place systems that will not only benefit the environment, but also reduce costs and improve efficiency within the organisation.
The benefits of showing conformance to the ISO 14001 standard are numerous:
- Cost savings in waste, recycling and consumption
- Advantage over competitors when tendering for business
- Management of environmental risks
- Compliance with individual countries environmental regulations
- Demonstrates your commitment to improving the environment
- Shows you are a responsible future focused organisation
- Can reduce insurance cover costs
- Can increase employee engagement in the knowledge that they are working in an environmentally friendly organisation
Having a well-defined Energy Management System (EMS) framework provides So Clean with a systematic approach to compliance. In some cases regulatory bodies are more flexible with companies with performance and public accountability records.
In addition, Officials from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) have indicated that certification may lead to a reduction in the number of inspections required for obtaining permits. In unique circumstances, the EPA has reduced fines on the condition that financial resources are put into better practices, including compliance to ISO 14001.
Through the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), ISO 14001 is expected to become a prerequisite for doing business worldwide. Experts say that it is the market forces, which will drive acceptance of the new global environmental standards.
There are more than 300,000 certifications to ISO 14001 in 171 countries around the world.