We have an exciting new opportunity for an Area Manager to join our management team.
If you feel you have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be a success and genuinely care about delivering good service then this could be the right role for you.
For this demanding role, you will need to be a highly organised and committed individual with sound communication skills who can lead teams in order to achieve the company’s high service standards. An excellent knowledge of cleaning materials and machinery is essential.
• Previous Area Manager experience within the cleaning industry
• Excellent people management skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills effective at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organisation skills
• Ability to Multi-Task and prioritise workload.
• Committed, motivated and passionate about people and service delivery
• Provide support for the Site Supervisors & Staff in ensuring that the site is run with operational quality and financial effectiveness.
• Responsible for all day to day aspects relating to the management and maintenance of the cleaning service within the contract specification to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
• Have full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services run by So Clean Commercial Cleaning Services
• Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract the financial budget and working principles. Plan staff rota’s and manage staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave to ensure staff are paid correctly. Report data to account director on a weekly basis or as required.
• Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
• Control and issue cleaning material ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage.
• Carry out scheduled cleaning audits to monitor and manage cleaner’s performance and adherence to Company standards as per the requirements of the contract
• Liaise with the Cleaning Operatives to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
• Be aware of the condition of the equipment, organise repairs/replacements as appropriate to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to client ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe. All reports to be communicated to the administration support team.
• Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place. Follow client/company guidelines with regards to the identification and reporting of health and safety hazards e.g., blocked/locked fire doors.
• Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which So Clean provide.
• Cover in other areas for area managers during periods of holidays and sickness
• Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
• All cleaning and hygiene standards to meet service specification
• 40hrs per week (flexibility required)
• 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Salary £36,000
• Company Vehicle, Mobile phone, IPAD, laptop
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Field based London and surrounding areas